MGCC Distinguished Alumni Award
Calling for 2022 Nominations!
Mountain Gateway Community College is the foundation for many students’ lifetime achievements. As such, the Mountain Gateway Community College Alumni Association is proud to offer the Distinguished Alumni Award, established in 2017. This prestigious award recognizes MGCC alumni who have realized exemplary distinction in their professions and honors all those at the College who have assisted them on the path to success, ultimately enabling them to enrich their communities.
To be eligible for nomination, the candidate must:
- Be a graduate of or have completed a minimum of two semesters at Mountain Gateway Community College.
- Be present to accept the award.
- Have attained extraordinary distinction and success in his or her professional career or personal life.
- Be a person of such prominence and integrity that the College will take pride in his or her recognition.
- Have attained regional, statewide, or national distinction and/or have significant involvement in civic, cultural, or charitable activities.
How to Nominate
Anyone may nominate a Mountain Gateway Community College alumna/us or former student for this award by completing a nomination form found here. Self-nominations are also welcome. Individuals may receive the MGCC Distinguished Alumni Award only once a lifetime.
Nominations are being accepted through March 18, 2022 and may be submitted by mail to MGCC Educational Foundation, Attn: Mr. Joe Hagy, 1000 College Drive, Clifton Forge, VA 24422 or email the foundation at email@example.com.
For more information on the Distinguished Alumni Award, contact the Foundation at 540-863-2934.
Interested in joining the Alumni Association?
- Membership is FREE!
- Use the form at the bottom of this page or contact the Educational Foundation office at (540) 863-2835.
Make a difference and be a part of the MGCC Alumni Family!
- Join in social activities to renew or create new friendships with other alumni.
- Enhance your community and business connections.
- Be a part of service projects that benefit the students and community.
- Be an advocate for important initiatives and issues regarding your college and community.
- Share what you have been doing since graduation share your success stories.
Remember – membership is FREE! Build a stronger community and campus. Join TODAY!
Already a member? You can also update your information online or contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 863-2934.
PAVE it Forward
All graduating MGCC students, as well as current alumni, faculty, staff, other students, and friends of the College are invited to donate toward this wonderful scholarship to be awarded to a continuing MGCC student each year.
Donors giving $250 or more, will receive a commemorative, etched brick that will be permanently displayed on campus in the form of a new walkway.
Join us as we pave the way for another bright future and pass on all the positive attributes of a MGCC education to another, deserving, fellow student and future alum. Let’s PAVE it forward!