New Roadrunner's Steps to Success
- Review Acceptance Letter from Admissions on your personal email provided on application.
- Complete New Student Orientation
- Login to myMGCC, to explore EAB Navigate, SIS, and Canvas
- Complete FAFSA at https://studentaid.gov/.
- Submit Official Transcripts from High School and any Colleges
- Complete "To Do" List Items located in SIS account on myMGCC
- Meet with an Advisor on Zoom. An appointment can be scheduled by calling 540-863-2820, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the Navigate app in myMGCC
- Take placement test (if required)
- Pay tuition
- Order books from the MGCC Bookstore, using Financial Aid one week before classes start
- Sign up for Direct Deposit for refunds in your SIS
- Now you are ready to attend class!
- myMGCC: It is important that you become acquainted with your myMGCC account. If you haven’t logged into myMGCC before, click on the myMGCC link in the top right navigation menu. In the following screen log in with your MGCC username (provided in your MGCC acceptance email) and password. If you need to reset your password, click “Forgot Password” and follow the instructions. Once you log in, important icons will be displayed including Gmail, SIS, Canvas and Navigate Student and more.
- Gmail will allow you to access your student email, where professors, advisors, and financial aid will contact you with important information and updates. Please note, you will NOT receive your student email account until AFTER you have paid for your classes or you have verified financial aid.
- SIS (Student Information Center) will allow you can update your personal information, find your current class schedule, get financial aid information, and access academic requirements for your degree.
- Canvas will take you to all of the classes in which you are enrolled. This is where you can find announcements, assignments, and all class information that you need.
- Navigate Student is where you will be able to list your communication preferences, as well as set up appointments with your advisor.
New Student Orientation: As a new MGCC student, you will receive an email regarding the virtual New Student Orientation. Please complete this as soon as possible. Important information regarding Zoom, MGCC policies, COVID-19 Safety and procedures, and more is included. If you did not receive a link, log in to myMGCC and click on the Canvas icon.
MGCC Educational Foundation Scholars
If you received a scholarship from the MGCC Educational Foundation, you are required to complete an online Scholar Orientation. This will be located in Canvas. More information will be sent to your MGCC student email with instructions. As a reminder, completion of this orientation is a requirement in order for you to keep your scholarship. For questions, contact the MGCC Educational Foundation office by calling 540-863-2934 or email email@example.com.