Steps to Apply and Enroll at MGCC
- Submit a completed Application for Admission. Make sure to print your confirmation page, as it will contain your student ID number, user name, and other important information. Acceptance letters are sent via email to the email address that you used to complete the admissions application.
- Complete the VCCS Advising Survey. https://desurvey.vccs.edu/login. Placement tests are no longer required.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). www.fafsa.gov. It is important to complete the FAFSA as soon as possible.
- Meet with an academic advisor in-person, over the phone, or online via Zoom to select your schedule and register for classes.
For assistance, please contact MGCC Student Services at (540) 863-2820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Steps After You Enroll in Classes
We’ve created a step-by-step guide to help you prepare for the first day for classes.
- Complete MGCC's online New Student Orientation. https://dslcc.goorientation.com/
- Submit official final transcripts from all high schools and colleges that you have attended to: MGCC's Office of Admissions, 1000 College Drive, Clifton Forge, VA 24422.
- Check your college email address daily. This is how you will receive important information from MGCC that cannot be sent via text message.
- If applicable, review your financial aid "to-do" list in your SIS Student Center. Even after you submit the FAFSA, there are sometimes items that students need to complete in order to complete the financial aid process. If you need help, contact our Financial Aid team at email@example.com.
- Begin reviewing your student "to-do" list in Navigate Student. This is located in MyMGCC (www.mgcc.edu, click on "MyMGCC" and the click on the Navigate Student icon). Some items need to be completed right away and some need to be completed closer to the start of the semester. You can also download the Navigate Student app on your phone in both the Google Play and Apple App Stores.
- Order your textbooks online or in-person at the MGCC Bookstore. https://www.mgcc.edu/bookstore.
- Attend class!
If you are applying for Financial Aid, be sure to include your Social Security number (SSN) on your application. The SSN is required on your application in order to qualify for Financial Aid.