Beginning July 1, 2021, the G3 Program is a tuition assistance program for any Virginia resident who qualifies for in-state tuition and whose family income falls below an identified threshold. Eligible students may enroll in designated programs leading to jobs in high-demand fields.
Any Virginia resident who:
- Qualifies for in-state tuition,
- Has a total household income of less than or equal to 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (roughly an income of $100,000 for a family of four),
- Is enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours in a Virginia community college, or in an eligible FastForward workforce credential program.
- Is enrolled in a designated G3 program, and
- Has applied for federal and/or state financial aid programs.
Interested students should contact email@example.com or contact 540-863-2820.
A list of frequently asked questions about G3 can be found here.
Eligible G3 Associate Degree Programs:
Eligible G3 Certificate Programs:
Eligible G3 Career Studies Certificate Programs:
- Early Childhood Development
- Electrical Wiring Fundamentals
- Cybersecurity and Networking Foundations
- Cybersecurity and Networking Intermediate
- Instrumentation Technology
- Practical Electrical Technician
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Basic Electronics Electrical Troubleshooting
- Fundamentals of Welding
Eligible G3 FastForward Programs:
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Millwright Levels 1-4
- Licensed Massage Therapy
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Phlebotomy Technician
- NCCER Core Curriculum
- NCCER Electrical Levels 1-4
- NCCER HVAC Levels 1-4
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Levels 1-4
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)