MGCC Response to COVID-19 > Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) CARES Act Required Reporting
- HEERF I: Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- HEERF II: Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriation Act (CRRSAA)
- HEERF III: American Rescue Plan (ARP)
The following is Mountain Gateway's Community College’s (MGCC) required reporting of federal government enacted legislation resulting from the disruption of the coronavirus pandemic. The legislation provides various awards for student emergency direct aid and institutional grants. MGCC was allocated approximately $1,974,931 as follows:
HEERF I – CARES
- Approximately $222,281 for Emergency Institutional Grants.
- Approximately $22,302 for Emergency Strengthen Institutions Program (SIP) Grants.
- Approximately $33,135 for Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE).
Emergency Grant Aid - HEERF I - CARES
These CARES Act funds were designated by the Secretary of the Department of Education to be used by students "to cover expenses related to the disruption on campus operations during COVID-19."
Every eligible student (Title IV eligible as of March 13, 2020) enrolled during the Spring 2020 term automatically received CARES Act Emergency funding. Students were notified by email and strongly encouraged check their College email regularly, even after the end of the Spring 2020 semester for more information.
- As of July 21, 2020 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act., approximately $201,600 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- As of October 10, 2020 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act., approximately $201,600 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- As of January 10, 2021 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act., approximately $215,700 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
HEERF II – CRRSAA
- Approximately $758,909 for Emergency Institutional Grants.
- Approximately $41,307 for Emergency Strengthen Institutions Program (SIP) Grants.
HEERF III – ARP
- Approximately $896,697 for Emergency Institutional Grants.
Reports of how these grant awards have been distributed and/or utilized can be found below.
Student Emergency Direct Aid Reporting (HEERF I & II)
- Mountain Gateway Community College was allocated $5,749,834 for direct to student aid. Distribution of these funds will begin with the Fall 2021 term. (July 2021)
Institutional Grants Quarterly Reporting (HEERF I, II & III)
Quarterly Public Reporting Requirements:
- 00499600 HEERF-Q22023 06062023 (PDF)
- 00499600 HEERF-Q42022 04202023 (PDF)
- 00499600 HEERF-Q42021 04202023 (PDF)
- 00499600 HEERF-Q32022 04202023 (PDF)
- 00499600 HEERF-Q32021 04202023 (PDF)
- 00499600 HEERF-Q22022 04202023 (PDF)
- 00499600 HEERF-Q22021 04202023 (PDF)
- 00499600 HEERF-Q12023 04202023 (PDF)
- 00499600 HEERF-Q12022 04202023 (PDF)
- 00499600 HEERF- Q12023 04052023 (PDF)
- 00499600 HEERF-Q42022 01092023 (PDF)
- 00499600 HEERF-Q32022 10062022 (PDF)
- 00499600 HEERF-Q22022 07052022 (PDF)
- 00499600 HEERF-Q12022 _04042022 (PDF)
- 00499600 HEERF-Q42021 02152022 (PDF)
- 00499600_HEERF-Q42021_01032022 (PDF)
- 00499600_HEERF-Q32021_10042021 (PDF)
- 00499600_HEERF-Q22021_10042021 (PDF)
- 00499600_HEERF-Q22021_06222021 (PDF)
- 00499600_HEERF-Q12021_10042021 (PDF)
- 00499600_HEERF-Q12021_06162021 (PDF)
- 00499600_HEERF-Q42020_01122021 (PDF)
- 00499600_HEERF-Q32020_10272020 (PDF)